- 1 kilo minus 4 tbsp / 2 lb. milk
- 70 gr. / 2.5 oz. rice
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 to 5 tbsp corn starch dissolved in 4 tbsp cold milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Cinnamon for garnishing
- In a pot add about 300 gr. / 11 oz. water and bring to boil.
- Add a pinch of salt and the rice and simmer until the rice becomes very soft.
- it took me 40 minutes.
- Remove from fire and drain the rice to get rid of the excess water.
- In another pot pour the milk and sugar and bring to boil.
- Throw the corn starch and whisk until it starts to thicken.
- Add the rice and simmer for about five minutes.
- With an immersion blender mash the rice and add the vanilla extract.
- Divide the batter to small bowls and let it stand until it reaches room temperature.
- Cover and put in the fridge.
- Just before you serve sprinkle some cinnamon on top.